How to create a PDF QR code?
- Convert a PDF that is hosted online to a QR code
- Upload a PDF and convert it to a QR code
#Method 1: Convert a PDF that is hosted online
CREATE A MARKDOWN CARD
Converting a PDF to QR code does not require you to be a developer or any complex tools. A PDF can be turned into a QR code in 3 easy steps
- Generate a quick landing page using the Beaconstac platform. You could use one of our markdown card templates or build one from scratch. It doesn't require any coding!
- Link the PDF from these landing pages. Grab the URL of the digital marketing material and link it from the markdown card (mobile landing pages).
- Creating the PDF QR code Generate a QR code on the Beaconstac platform and assign the landing page to it. If you are not looking to create landing pages and want to send users directly to the PDF, skip step 1 and 2. Start by creating a QR code for the digital PDF.
CREATE A PDF QR CODE FROM A GOOGLE DRIVE LINK
Your Google Drive files can now be shared with a single QR code. Here’s a simple, step-wise guide on how to do that.
[P.S. If your PDF is hosted online other than Google Drive, skip STEP 1 and go to STEP 2 right away.]
STEP 1: Google Drive - Copying the link of the Google Drive file
Upload your PDF on Google Drive
Open the Google Drive file you want to share as a QR code
Open the file and click on three dots on the top right corner. Select ‘Share’.
Choose the type of access you want others to have - edit, comment or view
Click on ‘Get Shareable Link’ and select the Link Sharing options. You can either share it within your organization or anyone with the link can be granted access. Copy the link you get.
STEP 2: Beaconstac’s QR code solution - Creating the static or dynamic QR code
We will use dynamic QR codes to illustrate the process.
Click on Create QR Code
Choose ‘PDF’ QR Code
Paste the Google drive link
Customize the QR code by adding your preferred color
Add a logo
Test and download it in your preferred format
#Method 2: Upload a PDF and convert it to a QR Code
If your PDF is on your local drive, you can always upload it on our dashboard and convert it to a QR code. Here's how:
Click on ‘Create QR code’
Choose ‘PDF’ QR code
Upload your PDF
Customize your QR code
Generate and download it in your preferred format
For more information, please refer to our webpage 'How to convert PDF to QR Code'